Every day, we see innovations encouraging people to exercise while at work. There are gymnasiums in office buildings. Some companies even allow commercial treadmills in their employees’ offices. However, the most successful development is the invention of treadmill desks.
We all know the health hazards of being seated for long hours. With treadmill desks, you can complete an important project while building your physical strength. You don’t need to walk fast, as these desks are built for continuous use at slower speeds.
Also, they help you burn more calories than standing desks. Check out the features of a bestselling product on the market – the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk.
About the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk
The NordicTrack Treadmill Desk is loaded with unique features. It comprises an attached desk with a mahogany wood grain finish. This gives the workspace a sophisticated look. The workspace is also larger than most other treadmill desks. Thus, this desk facilitates a comfortable working experience.
The treadmill is motorized, so all you have to do is switch it on and start walking. It will keep you walking at a constant pace and monitors your distance traveled and the number of steps taken. You can throw yourself to your work completely. Your treadmill will take care of your exercise schedule for you.
The body of this desk features a three-in-one design. You can either use it as a treadmill desk or a standing desk. Or you could go one step further, fold up the treadmill belt, and adjust the workspace height to create an ordinary desk. Simply add a chair, and you have an additional office table!
With the treadmill’s Bluetooth option, you can log your daily work out records and track your progress on the iFit app. That way, you will be motivated to clock in for your work out session every day! However, the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk is a little louder than most other treadmill desks. It functions with almost all the features of a commercial treadmill.
Features of the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk
The large workspace offered by the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk is extremely convenient. The workspace also features an LCD console at the bottom right corner. Besides the usual features, the console also displays your heart rate as you are walking. Most importantly, this model also contains an option for incline, which is not found in any other treadmill. The treadmill functions at variable speeds from 0 to 8 MPH and provides up to 10% incline.
The space-saving design of the treadmill desk also contains a USB charging port. This is useful when you are working long hours as it saves you the trouble of looking for a socket. NordicTrack has ensured that the design of the desk has been given as much importance as the treadmill itself.
The desk features adjustable height settings. This ensures that your workspace is located at a convenient angle, whatever your height may be. Also, the bottom of the treadmill frame comprises of 2.5-inch rollers. These ensure that the wear and tear effect on the treadmill is reduced and makes the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk last longer.
- Product weight: 228 pounds
- Not usable straight from the box, some assembly required
- Convenient 18” x 60” treadmill belt
- Strong frame, powerful 3.0 HP motor
- 18″ X 40″ Worksurface
- Adjustable workspace height
- Three different workspace styles, foldable treadmill base
- Can be used as a regular desk
- Precision-mounted rollers for less wear-and-tear
- Two wheels for easy movement
- Treadmill speed up to 8 MPH, incline up to 10%
- LCD console with clear display
- Heart rate monitor, pedometer included
- Bluetooth compatible and it can connect to iFit app
- Slightly louder than other treadmills
Pros, Cons, and Alternatives to the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk
We would be remiss if we did not mention some of the advantages and potential disadvantages of the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk. No treadmill desk is perfect, and our weight as a source of unbiased treadmill desk product reviews would be in jeopardy if we did not recognize this fact.
As such, below are some pros and cons of the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk. We also have included a few relevant alternatives if this product does not check all the boxes to meet your needs.
Advantages of the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk
- Easy assembly, can be done at home
- USB Charging port connects to iFit through Bluetooth
- Three-in-one body
- Large and convenient workspace
- Great and classy finish on the workspace
- Better treadmill features than other treadmill desks
- Only treadmill desk with an incline option
- Smooth functioning
- Heart-rate monitor, calorie counter
- Powerful, long-lasting motor
- High-quality parts
- Professional training provided through the iFit app
- Easily accessible customer service portals
Potential Disadvantages of the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk
- Extremely heavy, not portable
- Loud treadmill, causes disturbance to the user
- Height adjustment of desk requires some work
- Requires a lot of maintenance
Alternatives to the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk
How We Tested This Treadmill Desk
There are five features we rate in every treadmill we review:
- Usage: We test if the product is user-friendly. We ensure the smooth functioning of the treadmill and examine the wear and tear. The treadmill must also not require much assembly and should not be high-maintenance.
- Stability: We examine whether the treadmill desk is functional. We also ensure that the desk does not vibrate when the treadmill is running. Furthermore, we check for the stability of the treadmill and whether it minimizes impact.
- Features: We conduct checks to see whether the treadmill contains features not found elsewhere. A good treadmill desk must provide a unique user experience.
- Portability: This is the most important attribute of a treadmill desk. The product must contain wheels. It should also not be too heavy.
- Value for money: The product must contain features that make its cost worthwhile. Also, a treadmill requires a large investment. We strive to ensure your money is not wasted.
Read on to find out how well the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk performed in these five areas.
Results of our Testing
We had to work quite a bit to assemble the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk. The working was slightly loud but powerful. The workspace experienced minimal vibration. There was a minimal impact from the treadmill while walking.
The USB charging port was placed conveniently. Using Bluetooth, we could connect to the iFit app and store our statistics. The product was extremely heavy. It was not easily portable. The NordicTrack Treadmill Desk is expensive but offers great features for its price range.
Our Final Verdict on the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk
The NordicTrack Treadmill Desk is perfect for large office spaces or home offices. Due to its size and low portability, we recommend that you buy this treadmill only if you have a permanent space for it. However, its features definitely make up for the drawbacks.
We feel that this product is costly, but it contains unique features such as treadmill incline. If you feel you would benefit from a commercial-style treadmill desk more than a conventional one, this product is definitely for you.
Interested in getting more information about treadmill desks, usage tips, and recommendations for the best product options on the market? If so, you may be interested in the Treadmill Desk Resource mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise. Sign up below!