With the time spent at home gradually increasing, people no longer have any spare time to visit the gym. Staying healthy and keeping fit has taken a back seat in people’s lives.
While working is equally essential, many find it impossible to sneak in a few minutes of working out to shed the extra pounds. A few years back, if someone said that they could mix work with exercise, it might have seemed like an unlikely dream. However, with the iMovR ThermoTread GT, you can forget all your woes about gaining weight while working on your laptop!
Going through your daily work routine while exercising has never been simpler. Continue reading for a detailed review of the iMovR ThermoTread GT.
About the iMovR ThermoTread GT
The iMovR ThermoTread GT is one of the very first treadmill desk bases designed to be a perfect addition to your daily work routine. Its quiet function helps keep up the feel of an office environment so you can stay productive.
The treadmill is upgraded to integrate a sleek, touch-screen LCD desktop console that lets you keep an accurate track of the distance traveled, speed, the total time taken, and the number of calories burnt.
Often called the new standard in-office fitness equipment, the iMovR ThermoTread GT is engineered with cheaper phenolic materials and melamine along with 1-inch thick quality Bakelite material. A silent cooling fan is incorporated in the motor to keep its temperature under control. With this function, the treadmill can run smoothly for longer hours.
A shorter deck minimizes floor space, making it an ideal addition in office space without it taking up too much area. The treadmill deck on the iMovR ThermoTread GT is designed at a lower height to maximize desk stability. What’s more, easy to slide wheels are positioned under the motor housing to make it easy to move around according to your convenience.
The highly efficient iMovR ThermoTread GT consumes less power as it doesn’t need an additional cooling device to keep the temperature lower.
With the iMovR ThermoTread GT, working out would no longer seem time-consuming!
Features of the iMovR ThermoTread GT
If what you’re looking for is a durable treadmill that is packed with convenient and effective features, then the iMovR ThermoTread GT is an excellent choice. The treadmill goes beyond the other treadmills as it counts your calories and records it, even when you’re sitting down.
With the timer on the console, the treadmill will remind you to take a rest after a certain set amount of time. The timer can be set manually with ease.
One of the quietest treadmills in the market, it ensures focus and productivity in your workspace. Its highly shock-absorbent body protects your knees and joints from handling any harsh impact. The software constantly gets updated with new and improved features to give you the best overall experience.
- Unlimited duty cycle
- Motor – 3 HP
- Speed Range – 0.5MPH – 2.5 MPH
- Walking Belt Area – 20-inch x 50-inch
- High mileage Habasit walking belt
- Desk Suspension – 6 Compression shock absorbent
- Maximum weight holding capacity – 400 lbs
- Warranty –
Three years on motor Two years on parts One year on labor
- Smaller desk space to minimize taking up too much space
- Touch screen LCD console with a sleek and elegant frame
- Noise level – 42.7 Db
- Fan – silent and automatic
- Weight of the treadmill – 147 pounds
- Controller – 1.75 pounds
- Console Dimensions – 7.25-inch x 4.125-inch x 6-inch
- Intelli-Guard stops the belt when you step off
- Intelli-Step keeps track of your progress
- Inbuilt USB charger port
- NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis) certified
Pros, Cons, and Alternatives to the iMovR ThermoTread GT
We would be remiss if we did not mention some of the advantages and potential disadvantages of the iMovR ThermoTread GT. No treadmill desk is perfect, and our weight as a source of unbiased treadmill desk product reviews would be in jeopardy if we did not recognize this fact.
As such, below are some pros and cons of the iMovR ThermoTread GT. We also have included a few relevant alternatives if this product does not check all the boxes to meet your needs.
Advantages of the iMovR ThermoTread GT
- Its super-Quiet feature with a noise level of 42.7 ensures a peaceful work environment.
- Inbuilt fan to cool down the motor efficiently and quietly.
- Touch screen LCD console that fits on the desk for maximum comfort and ease of use.
- It consumes less power.
- Aluminum side rails provide a good grip and add to the overall metallic look.
- It has six compression shock absorbers to protect your joints from any harsh impact.
- Ultra-quiet 2.5mm rubber and ply fabric belt for lighter footfalls.
- Intelli-Step keeps track of multiple users with different sets for preferred walking speeds.
- Counts calories accurately and takes into account the time spent sitting down.
- Intelli-Guard that stops the belt when you get down, thus consuming less power.
- Programmable features that let you set a timer that reminds you to take a break
Potential Disadvantages of the iMovR ThermoTread GT
- No Bluetooth connectivity that lets your smartphone access the data and progress you have made on the treadmill
- The iMovR ThermoTread GT is more expensive than most of the desk top treadmills on the market.
- The belt is narrower than the other treadmills.
- The desk is sold separately.
- The treadmill has to be lubricated regularly for it to function smoothly.
- Customers have complained about the lack of helpfulness displayed by customer service.
- The treadmill is heavier than most of the treadmills due to its all-metal design.
Alternatives to the iMovR ThermoTread GT
How We Tested This Treadmill Desk
The new and improved iMovR ThermoTread GT gave many promises to its customers about its high performance and durability. One of its kind, it promised to be the quietest among all desk top treadmills.
We decided to test out the iMovR ThermoTread GT to find out if it did what it claimed to do. We set it in our office and got to work right away.
We tested it on factors such as its ease of use, noise disturbance, and, most importantly, if it was possible to work while on the treadmill. We tested it at different speeds and with different tasks that needed varying levels of concentration.
Results of our Testing
Due to the smaller body of the iMovR ThermoTread GT, it took up less space on the floor, which permitted many areas of the office to be free. The motor was quiet, which was a plus point since it would affect the entire office work environment.
The desk space was smaller, which avoided the possibility of clutter, but was spacious enough for a desktop computer or a laptop to be placed on top.
In the beginning, it was a little difficult to concentrate on tasks that required more effort and serious concentration. As we got more used to it, the typing seemed easier to handle. We kept the speed at one mph since we found that going any faster would affect our work.
Due to the position of the desk, our postures were better, and there was no noticeable strain on the neck and back. The overall experience was pleasant and as promised. However, it may not be a great option for working out at higher speeds.
Our Final Verdict on the iMovR ThermoTread GT
With the iMovR ThermoTread GT, turning your working routine into a workout routine to lose a few extra calories is very simple. Walking while working definitely helps keep you moving and improves concentration.
The self-setting timer is a convenient addition to remind you to take a break if you go overboard. The Intelli-Step gives you exact information about the number of calories burnt, distance traveled, time taken, and even the number of steps walked.
Overall, the treadmill comes with many amazing features, but the downside to it is that the iMovR ThermoTread GT is on the expensive side. The features do not set the treadmill too apart from the other treadmills and might not be a smart investment if you have a smaller budget. That being said, the treadmill does fulfill all its promises.
Interested in getting more information about treadmill desks, usage tips, and recommendations for the best product options on the market? If so, you may be interested in the Treadmill Desk Resource mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise. Sign up below!