Keeping one’s physical health in top condition has become a priority in everyone’s lives. However, more often than not, we find ourselves making excuses to get out of it. Too busy to hit the gym, bad weather, terrible traffic, and not enough space to get a large treadmill at home, these are just some of the reasons that pull us back from keeping ourselves fit.
With the Xiaomi Walking Pad, you can tackle both of those excuses to the ground. Its unique foldable design makes it stand out to be one of the best walking treadmills in the market.
Paired with durability and functionality, this equipment is bound to be a sure shot choice for a walking treadmill.
About the Xiaomi Walking Pad
The Xiaomi Walking Pad is carefully engineered to fit into small spaces. The minimalistic piece of equipment takes less than half a square meter after folding.
The Xiaomi Walking Pad may look like your ordinary treadmill, but what sets it apart is its convenient features. The treadmill is crafted with aluminum alloy and high-density elastic metal, which makes it durable and long-lasting.
The treadmill can hold up to 242 lbs of load capacity and has a speed range of 0.5 to 6 miles per hour. The Xiaomi Walking Pad comes with a safety-oriented multi-layer design that protects your joints from getting damaged from landing impact.
As mentioned before, the treadmill comes with a unique foldable design. This renders it easy to use anywhere and anytime without compromising on the actual intention of its use.
While working out, you never have to worry about making a racket. Its small body and non-existent vibration ensure that you work out in peace.
One of the best features of the product is its professional speed settings. The track speeds up if you move forward and slows down if you go further back.
This article will delve deep into the specifics of the Xiaomi Walking Pad in an attempt to provide you with a first-hand impression of the product.
Features of the Xiaomi Walking Pad
Xiaomi has always been innovative with its products. They’ve expressed their ingeniousness with incorporating unique features into their products. The Xiaomi Walking Pad is no such exception.
This light and the functional treadmill is perfect for a light indoor workout. It is especially ideal for office workers who simply cannot take some time off to go to a gym. Place a high table, set your laptop on it, and unfold the Xiaomi Walking Pad to get walking.
The super-light alloy design gives it a superior look while offering durability.
The EVA cushion layer on the belt protects your feet. Additionally, the anti-friction, wear-resistant, and anti-slip features ensure maximum safety to your feet and joints.
This product is an answer to all your light workout woes. Take a look at all the amazing features in the Xiaomi Walking Pad.
- Unfold size: 1432x547x129mm
- Folded size: 822x547x129mm
- Weight: 61 lbs
- Walking platform height: 57mm
- Maximum speed: 6 mph
- Minimum speed: 0.5 mph
- Voltage: 220V-50Hz
- Power: 746W
- 242 lbs load capacity
- Two roller wheels for smooth moving
- Manual mode to set the speed manually
- Automatic mode for a change of pace, going faster when in the front of the product and slower at the back
- Anti-skid belt
- Smooth layer to walk
- EVA cushion layer to protect joints from impact
- Integrated alloy frame for durability and longevity
- Noise reduction
- Digital remote-control to track real-time data and progress
- Exclusive app to record progress and data
- LED screen with information about time spent and speed, distance traveled, paces, calories burned, etc.
- Child lock for extra safety from potential danger to roaming toddlers
- Auto standby that stops when you get off
- Overload protection
Pros, Cons, and Alternatives to the Xiaomi Walking Pad
We would be remiss if we did not mention some of the advantages and potential disadvantages of the Xiaomi Walking Pad. No treadmill desk is perfect, and our weight as a source of unbiased treadmill desk product reviews would be in jeopardy if we did not recognize this fact.
As such, below are some pros and cons of the Xiaomi Walking Pad. We also have included a few relevant alternatives if this product does not check all the boxes to meet your needs.
Advantages of the Xiaomi Walking Pad
- Can be used in the office or at home
- Folding design for easy storage
- Noise reduction for a peaceful workout
- Automatic speed control with foot feeling patent technology
- LED console shows a number of steps, distance traveled, time spent and calories burned
- Remote control lets you easy access to start and stop the product
- Integrated aluminum alloy for a lightweight, long-lasting and durable product
- Two-sport mode available for easy or challenging speed switches
- A comfortable walking platform for ultimate comfort
- Shock absorbent belt to protect your joints from harsh impact
- Multiple protection including child lock, overload, and newbie speed limit protection
- Bottom wheels designed for easy movement of the product
- No installation required
- Affordable and inexpensive, coming at half price compared to other heavy treadmills
Potential Disadvantages of the Xiaomi Walking Pad
- The Xiaomi Walking Pad doesn’t come with handrails. The design is for walking and doesn’t necessarily require handrails.
- The product comes with a low maximum speed. The idea behind the Xiaomi Walking Pad is to cut down calories.
- The product cannot be used for training and heavy workout. As the name suggests, its only purpose is for walking and light jogging.
Alternatives to the Xiaomi Walking Pad
How We Tested This Treadmill Desk
The unique Xiaomi Walking Pad is a brilliant innovation by Xiaomi, who recently ventured into the fitness world. Its smart features set it apart from all the other treadmills in the market and raise the bar for walking treadmills.
Since our lifestyle has taken a drastic turn in these times, it is getting difficult to lose weight. Outdoor activities have been put to a stop or reduced, and going to the gym is now a farfetched idea.
It seems like now is the best time to test out the Xiaomi Walking Pad to see if it stands true to the trustworthy name of Xiaomi.
Results of our Testing
The first thing we noticed was the ease of mobility. It was light, and the wheels came in handy. The device took up a very small space and could be stowed away under the bed or the sofa.
The remote control boots up the product, letting it know that we’ll be starting. The speed can be set with two modes. The manual mode lets you set the speed to your liking. The automatic mode senses a change in your pace and reduces the speed or increases it accordingly.
The mobile app is pretty convenient as it records the speed, distance traveled, time spent, calories burned, etc. It also lets you change the speed and the modes according to your liking.
The Xiaomi Walking Pad was incredibly quiet. This function is especially essential since you can use it while working or watching TV. You don’t get distracted from your work, nor do you distract anyone around you.
Final Verdict On The Xiaomi Walking Pad
After testing out the Xiaomi Walking Pad, we can safely say that it will meet all your expectations. It will effectively merge your work routine with light exercise. With this, you can lose calories and increase your heart rate for a healthier body. In lieu of its many unique features and a slim, sleek body, one might suspect the Xiaomi Walking Pad sells at a high price. That is not the case. The product comes at an affordable rate and is an excellent choice for light workout equipment.
Interested in getting more information about treadmill desks, usage tips, and recommendations for the best product options on the market? If so, you may be interested in the Treadmill Desk Resource mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise. Sign up below!