With the busy lifestyle that most of us lead, it may not be possible to squeeze in some extra time for a workout. Going to the gym and running on a treadmill may not be our first priority when we have a tight schedule at work. However, it is essential to do some exercise to go about with our day in a healthy manner, and also stay productive.
What if we told you you could run on a treadmill while working on your laptop? Revolutionary, isn’t it? A treadmill desk enables you to do just that!
The LifeSpan TR800-DT3 has been making quite a buzz in the market among treadmill desks. If you are planning on investing in this product, continue reading for a detailed review so you can choose the right treadmill desk for your requirement.
About the LifeSpan TR800-DT3
In the current market, LifeSpan offers some of the best treadmills in the market. They have a separate segment, Lifespan Workplace, which sells equipment specifically for a workplace environment. All of LifeSpan’s workspace products are designed in a sleek and efficient manner, allowing the users to save up space and use them noiselessly. The LifeSpan TR800-DT3 is no different.
This treadmill is compact, making it perfect for small office space, or even an in-home workstation. The treadmill can be used with varying desk sizes, and easily slides under desks. With its sleek design, you need not worry about the treadmill not matching the interiors of your office.
The LifeSpan TR800-DT3 is very user-friendly and can be easily operated at various speeds. The treadmill also functions silently, making it perfect for a work environment. An added advantage is that it is effortless to assemble and has clear instructions.
The smart technology also keeps track of your steps, calories, running time, etc. The LifeSpan TR800-DT3 treadmill is pretty safe to use while working, as there is no clutter of any chords or wires. As an added safety feature, the treadmill will automatically stop if not used for twenty seconds.
Features Of LifeSpan TR800-DT3
One of the most prominent features of LifeSpan TR800-DT3 is that it is a compact treadmill that does not need to be attached to your work desk. This way, it is portable, and it also works great with different sizes of desks, especially standing desks.
Although compact, the console also displays all the required vital statistics like time, step count, calories burnt, speed, and distance. It has a speed range of 0.4 MPH to 4.0 MPH. The belt size is 18″ x 52″, which is comparatively smaller to other variations in the market.
This product is perfect for those who want to achieve their step goals. It is also straightforward to assemble. All you need to do is plug the 8″ cord into the nearest power outlet, and you are good to go!
The maximum capacity of weight this treadmill can handle is 300 pounds. What makes it the best treadmill desk for a workplace is that it is silent, and you will be able to attend calls without any unnecessary sound in the background.
- LifeSpan TR800-DT3 is Bluetooth integrated. It allows you to wirelessly sync and track activity data using the LifeSpan Fitness Club online. With the purchase of the treadmill, you automatically get access to this club.
- Shock absorption: Its shock absorption feature absorbs shock at six points on the band. This reduces turbulence while working on laptops and desktops.
- Safety measure: The treadmill will automatically pause if you step off for over twenty seconds. This is made possible by its Intelli-Guard safety feature. This also extends the motor life.
- Heavy console: The TR800-DT3 console is heavier than it appears. This accounts well for stability.
- It displays calories burned, the number of steps taken, time, and distance.
Pros and Cons of the LifeSpan TR800-DT3
We would be remiss if we did not mention some of the advantages and potential disadvantages of the LifeSpan TR800-DT3. No treadmill desk is perfect, and our weight as a source of unbiased treadmill desk product reviews would be in jeopardy if we did not recognize this fact.
As such, below are some pros and cons of the LifeSpan TR800-DT3. We also have included a few relevant alternatives if this product does not check all the boxes to meet your needs.
Advantages of the LifeSpan TR800-DT3
- Compact in size: Its compact size helps in saving space at the office.
- Assembly: It is easy to assemble with little to no effort, as it does not need to be attached to a desk. It also comes with detailed instructions.
- Good motor: LifeSpan TR800-DT3 is silent and will run for 3 hours straight.
- Bluetooth enabled so you can sync and track your progress on your phone as well.
- Shock absorbent at 6 points. This makes the device more stable, helping you work better.
- Compatible with all standing desks, which makes it versatile.
- Good warranty of three years. The service is great as well.
Potential Disadvantages of the LifeSpan TR800-DT3
- It is on the more expensive side.
- Maintenance required: Regular lubrication of this treadmill is needed.
- It does not attach to the desk: Since it does not connect to the desk, the console adds to the clutter on the table instead.
- No guard rails: This product does not have any guard rails, and hence it is a safety hazard.
Alternatives to the LifeSpan TR800-DT3
- LifeSpan TR1200-DT5
- iMovr ThermoTread GT
- Titan Fitness Under Desk Walking Treadmill
- NordicTrack Treadmill Desk
How We Tested This Treadmill Desk
Firstly, we tested the speed, step count, and distance, which is displayed on the console to ensure that the vitals shown are accurate. We also tested and checked out the treadmill motor horsepower, which determines the quality and lifetime of the LifeSpan TR800-DT3 treadmill.
Along with these tests, we also tested if the weight capacity of the treadmill is correct. The sleek design and built of the treadmill were also examined to ensure that it was stable and able to handle the user’s weight while running.
In addition to these, it was necessary to see if the treadmill was actually a practical investment. So, we tested it by working on various tasks while walking on the treadmill. We continued this with tasks of varying difficulty levels, and multiple speeds on the treadmill.
Results of our Testing
The LifeSpan TR800-DT3 persevered through every test. The console is completely accurate about the step counts and the distance as well. The treadmill motor horsepower of this treadmill is 2HP high torque continuous duty, which is meant for light use and walkers.
Although it has a comparatively low HP, it also has a warranty for three years in case of any malfunctions. The treadmill tested well in terms of its stability as it did not shake during the use. Its sleek frame is far from frail.
However, it may not be the most practical to run at high speeds while doing tasks that require focus. Especially since the treadmill does not have any handles to hold while walking, it is best to run it at slower speeds.
Our Final Verdict on the LifeSpan TR800-DT3
Our final verdict on LifeSpan TR800-DT3 is that it is an excellent treadmill for those who wish to have a compact treadmill desk for light walking during office hours. It does what it promises and is very easy to use as well. The treadmill has a perfectly elegant body that does not compromise on sturdiness. It is convenient to store and move around as well. In addition to that, it also tracks and stores your progress and calories burnt. The three-year warranty on this model is also a plus point. Although pricey, the product’s features are comparatively superior to its counterparts in the market.
Interested in getting more information about treadmill desks, usage tips, and recommendations for the best product options on the market? If so, you may be interested in the Treadmill Desk Resource mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise. Sign up below!